Friday, March 19, 2010

Site Specific Plays 3

Sophie: I really enjoyed being in Sophie’s play. I think the relationship between Dana and Henry was a lot more clear when read aloud. It just shows what a difference performing the plays we write makes. The play definitely made me want to learn more about the characters. Not only would I like to know who they are and where they come from, but also what their relationship is like with each other after the scene. I really like how Sophie set her scene outside. Even though where we performed the play was clearly inside, I definitely could picture the characters sitting outside on their front porch. Having the characters wear snuggies also helped convey the feeling of being outside at night.

Hugo: I love how mysterious Hugo’s play was. When reading the script, I kept wondering who the “stranger” character was. At the end, I actually thought it was really clever that we never found out what was up with this character. When Hugo’s character convinced himself that the stranger did not exist, I believed him too. Even though the stranger character clearly exited the stage, I still felt that maybe that character didn’t exist at all. I thought that put a nice twist on the characters.

Allison: I really liked Allison’s and, like others, thought she made really good use of the space. I truly felt like a fly on the wall the whole time Ben and Montana performed the scene. I liked the ending. Unlike a lot of other peoples’ plays, Allison’s play didn’t end on a cliffhanger or make me wonder what happened next to the characters. As an audience member, I assumed both characters would be just fine and, eventually, Montana’s family wouldn’t be as scared of small spaces.

Ben: I really liked the beginning and end of Ben’s play. I liked how the two characters seemed locked in the room. The ending had me wondering a lot about Montana’s character and her background.

Montana: I thought the relationship between the two characters in Montana’s play was really interesting. I liked how Allison’s character seemed to become less uptight at the end of the play. I wondered at the end if the two characters would see each other again, and if they could possibly become friends. I also like how Montana used her setting as kind of a hiding place with Ben’s character hiding from his friend, and Allison’s character just hiding from the rest of the world. The end made me wonder if Allison’s character would remain the same and continue to spend time alone in that small space.

No comments:

Post a Comment