Sunday, March 7, 2010

Site-Specific Plays

My Site-Specific Play takes place in the small nook near the commons. When we were all walking around the building, I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for in the different spaces. I figured I would just have to pick between the ones that were left over after everyone else had chosen. However, I started trying to think of ideas so that I wouldn't be completely blind going into writing a play that was going to be performed in front of the whole class. However, once I got to the nook I was relieved that I had an idea! It was great to know what I was going to be writing about. However, I ended up writing something completely different. I wanted to write about two people who were hiding from some people who were following them, but they didn't know each other. However I ended up writing about two teenagers who both wanted to get out of their apartments, but with different motives and for different reasons. I started out wanting to write about something that doesn't have to do with my life at all, but I ended up writing about something that is pretty directly related to my life. I think I probably chose one of the hardest spaces in terms of space, since there practically isn't any, but I hope that I can make it work. My play ended up being a lot about the words because there is little space to move around. We will have to see how the blocking goes. Unfortunately, my group and I didn't get to talk about my play because class had finished, but from a few of their comments I am very excited to work on it. I can't wait to continue revising. I really can't. I thought this piece would be something that I wasn't interested in, but I am pretty devoted to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment