Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Vicky on site-specific day 2: Oliver

For me, Oliver's play was a light, comedic good time. The dynamic between the characters was an interesting balance of yin and yang, and the characters seemed for the most part believable. However, I was unsure of Kayla's character's motivations; I didn't quite see what she wanted from the situation. My suspension of disbelief was also a bit severed for me with Julie's character, since it seemed unlikely to me that she would have been able to train a monkey to pass Nasa's physical exams as well as convince Nasa scientists that the monkey was her. Also-- we talked about this after your play-- I think the gun was supposed to be the surprising noise? I did a bit of research and since Mars has a thin atmosphere the sound of the fired gun would be pretty faint. However, since modern bullets are self-oxidized you could fire a gun in outer space and would be able to kill someone with it! Fun, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment