Tuesday, March 16, 2010

THe plays on day 1

Chandler
I greatly enjoyed her play for two reasons, firstly I enjoyed the enthusiasm and distinct detail that each actor took in this play which made it feel very real and very in depth. Also, the part of the play where Chandler had to have a panic attack due to the closeness of the room, was extremely accurate and in fact I found myself having a hard time to breathe through out the play, because of that observation.

Hannah
One thing that I found in interesting about her play was that it was a monologue, except, the play involved the use of several different actors, all played out by a single individual. I thought that the use of turning the lights on and off, as each new scene or person was being introduced, was very smart. The aspect that I thought was very cool was the use of the weird sound throughout the play and the places it was used.

Kayla
This was a really good play, I, one, had no idea what the plot was at first, which made it interessting and really brought me into the action. Also, I think that the use of both doors, each as an almsot different set was very intriguing and really helped to absorb the audience and make htem think about the afterlife and the choices we make during our time on Earth. The ending, however, was the best because once everything came together and all the characters were explained it made the play that much better.

Julie
The one thing I liked about this play was how the set was used as a bomb shettler, which I thought was very accurate decision. Also, I found the weird tension between the two pricipal characters were realistic and helped to connect with the audience on a fundamental level. It was also realistic in the sense that, what would we say and think and do if we believed we were going to die in a few moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment