Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Second day of plays...

I definitely appreciated Oliver's use of humor in his piece and my favorite examples of this were the lines that outright stated exactly what he was doing ("what a dramatic light change!"). Not only did they effectively draw attention to what he was trying to do as a playwright/director, but they made me laugh. I also agree with Sophie that the last event (Kayla locking Julie out of the spaceship) was a really good transformation to end on. If this play were to be expanded, I think I would like to learn more about the two characters' relationship with each other; we got a taste of this from some of the dialogue, but I was still asking questions about it at the end.

The use of space was effective. I liked that the audience had to migrate with the show--it kept us engaged, and it was a clear signifier of a new scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment