Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Site - Specific Plays Day 2

Oliver: I thought Oliver's play was very unique, interesting and also funny. I thought the contrast of the two characters was interesting to see and I liked how Julie's character's "Your Mom" joke wasn't a one time thing, but actually was used throughout to show and was used to explain more about her character and expand on what her relationship with Kayla's character was like. I also thought the transition through the scenes was clear and I liked that the play brought us to an entirely new world. I agree with Chandler that the line about the light change might have been my favorite, not only making everyone laugh, but also allowing us to see something maybe we ordinarily wouldn't realize. Also like Chandler, I was curious about the two characters and what their relationship was like before we were introduced to them in the play, and I left the play wondering what was going to happen now that Kayla's character kept Julie's from coming into the spaceship. I like that the play ended on that note which left us wondering what many things could happen next and we were left to imagine it on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment