Thursday, January 21, 2010

Natalie's Manifesto

For me, the plot is the biggest factor determining just how much I like a certain show. If a show is funny, smart, and charming, but doesn’t have an interesting story, it won’t appeal to me. If I come home disappointed because of something I’ve just seen, it’s most likely because I was completely bored during the show due to its uninteresting plot or lack of plot. I also think pacing is extremely important. For instance, a show can have an amazing plot, yet bore me to death if it’s too slow.

This is why usually the shows that I see are the ones that are popular and everyone raves about. I realize this probably makes me seem like the typical immature teenager who thinks of herself as theater fan, when really she knows one type of theater and storytelling. I have seen those “creative” types of shows that are supposed to be edgy and interpretive, and I just don’t like them. I can’t help it that the shows I enjoy most are the popular and famous ones. That being said, I still respect all types of storytelling in shows, I just enjoy the most shows with normal, start-to-finish, fascinating plots.

I’m almost afraid to post this because I’m sure a lot of people will disagree with me, but I’m interested in hearing what everyone has to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment