Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Vicky's Play

I think two people become partners if they are able to help each other out in the pre-Heaven stage of their life (maybe I should say death?). With Hank and Archie, I think they were made partners just because they could get along and be a good pair. However, maybe Hank and Archie were an incompatible match, at least when it came to helping one another get to Heaven. One of them states that they have been in pre-Heaven for around 50 to 60 years. I think this supports that maybe they weren’t exactly the best pair. I think Hank and Archie go to Heaven when they do because of the conversation they had about each other’s deaths. I don’t think their conversation about their deaths was as meaningful as Katie and Greg’s conversation, but I think the Angel was just so sick of them bickering, he thought any conversation between Hank and Archie about their deaths could be considered closure.

I think Katie and Greg were paired because events in both of their lives helped them relate to one another. Katie was angry at her father for leaving and Greg wanted forgiveness from his daughter after what he did. Katie told Greg he was a good person and in return she gained a father figure. They helped each other resolve things that happened while they were living. There’s a lot of talk about karma in the play, and when I hear karma I think of balance. I think Greg and Katie were able to balance each other out (Katie felt resentment towards her father, Greg felt guilty for what he did to his daughter) in their conversation at the end, which is why they went to Heaven when they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment