Monday, April 5, 2010

Site Specific Plays 4

Stephanie: Stephanie's play felt very inspired by her performance space. I really felt like I was in an attic, and that Vicky’s character was alone, even though our whole class was in the room with her. Sometimes Vicky’s character would have conversations with John’s character. I couldn’t really see them since I was standing far away from the staircase, but I felt it was more effective that way. I thought it was really cool how the play took place in only one room, though we could hear conversations and things happen from other parts of the house, even though we couldn’t see them.

John: I really liked the way John used his space for his play. I really liked how the audience had to follow his character down the stairwell. The setting, along with the strange picture on the walls, really made the play feel really creepy. I felt like the farther down we traveled, the creepier the play got. I think John took a risk in creating a play that was so dark, but I think it really worked.

Vicky: Like John’s play, I enjoyed how her play moved settings and how the audience had to travel with the characters. I thought Stephanie’s character was really interesting, and I liked how she was on her laptop at the beginning. I also thought the ending was strong, with the character exiting the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment